Baba Ganoush is a Mediterranean eggplant dip. Serve it with cucumbers, crackers, or pita bread as an appetizer. Or, serve it alongside Mediterranean chicken.
• 4 medium sized eggplants
• 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
• 5 cloves of garlic
• 3 Tbsp tahini
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the eggplants on the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the skins are charred and the flesh is soft.
3. Allow the eggplant to cool long enough to be able to scoop out the flesh.
4. Scoop out the eggplant and discard the tops and skins.
5. Put all the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend on low until the Baba Ganoush is your desired consistency. (Add more seasonings if needed.)
6. Garnish with olive oil, smoked paprika and parsley. Serve and enjoy.