Every Summer the local coffee shops add house-made coffee sodas to their menu. They are my favorite coffee drinks. I always look forward to each new Summer, anticipating the new coffee menus.
Here is my own take on a coffee soda. It’s a great little pick-me-up to make your day even better!
Blueberry Basil Cold Brew Soda
- 1.5 oz. (3 Tbsp) blueberry basil simple syrup (recipe below)
- 4 oz. cold brew coffee (my fave is Kea)
- 3 oz. sparkling water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fill a glass 3/4 of the way with ice.
- Pour the cold brew coffee into the glass, followed by sparkling water, blueberry Thai basil simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Give a little stir and enjoy!
Blueberry Basil simple syrup
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Thai basil
- Place everything, except the Thai basil, in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. When the syrup reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the Thai basil. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fresh mesh strainer and store it in bottle or mason jar.