This easy, sheet pan dinner is bursting with citrus flavor. Orange smothered sweet potatoes, grapefruit tossed kale, lemon kissed salmon, and bright, bursting, grape tomatoes come together to make a yummy, satisfying, and nourishing dinner. It is full of magnesium, vitamins, and omegas— making it a superfood meal just perfect for these mid-winter days. And it all cooks on one baking sheet, making clean up a cinch!
Citrusy Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes
- 1-2 bunches of organic kale
- 1 pint of organic grape tomatoes
- 4-6 wild-caught salmon fillets, about 4 oz. each
- 1 organic navel orange
- 1 organic grapefruit
- 2 organic lemons
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a half-sheet baking pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch wide and 2-3 inch long sticks.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Zest the orange onto the potatoes, then squeeze all the orange juice on top as well. Season the potatoes with 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/2 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp of onion powder. (Feel free to add as much of the spices as you like. These measurements are just a suggestion to give you a starting point.) Toss the potatoes to evenly coat them in the spices.
- Put the seasoned sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and cook them for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking get the kale and salmon ready.
- Rinse the salmon filets, pat them dry, and put them to the side.
- Cut one of the lemons into slices and set it aside for the salmon.
- To prepare the kale, rinse and dry it. Remove the kale leaves from the stems and tear them into 2-3 inch wide pieces.
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl. (You can use the same bowl you used for the sweet potatoes.) Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil all over the kale. Zest the grapefruit onto the kale, then squeeze all the grapefruit juice on top as well. Season the kale with 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/2 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp of onion powder. (Feel free to add as much of the spices as you like. These measurements are just a suggestion to give you a starting point.) Toss the kale to evenly coat it with the spices.
- Once the sweet potatoes, have cooked for 20 minutes, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place the kale on top of the sweet potatoes in an even layer.
- Place the fillets of salmon on top of the kale. Sprinkle the grape tomatoes all along the edges of the baking sheet. Drizzle avocado oil all over the salmon fillets and the grape tomatoes then, squeeze lemon juice all over them. Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder all over the salmon filets and tomatoes. Finally, place 2 lemon slices on top of each salmon filet.
- Bake the entire dinner until the salmon is cooked all the way through, about 10-15 minutes. (The salmon should register 135F-145F when it is cooked all the way through, depending on how well you like it cooked.)
- Once everything is cooked, plate it and enjoy!