Sharp, tart, creamy, and refreshing— this Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is the perfect summer treat. The addition of yogurt adds a wonderful little tang that makes it taste like authentic Key Lime Pie. And the Graham Crumble gives it the perfect amount of crunch.
You can churn the ice cream base for a light and refreshing ice cream, or, you can skip the churning for a dense and creamy ice cream. Either way is super easy and super delicious!
Easy Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups coconut cream (chilled for 1-3 hours, shaken up and liquid)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plain coconut milk yogurt, (homemade, or, a tangy plain yogurt like Culina)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (use organic limes)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put 2 cups of coconut cream in a blender. Whip it on medium speed for 10 seconds. (The coconut cream will become thick because of the added air.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until completely combined (about 10 seconds).
- Turn on your ice cream machine, then pour in the ice cream mixture. Churn the ice cream until it is thick, like a super thick milkshake. (You can skip this step of churning the ice cream for a denser, creamy no churn ice cream.)
- In a freezer safe container, layer the ice cream and the Graham Crumble (recipe below).
- Place a piece of parchment paper directly onto the ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Allow to soften about 5-10 minutes before scooping. Scoop. Serve. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (room temp)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (sometimes called coconut manna)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Directions for the Graham Crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-large mixing bowl. Combine with your fingers until the mixture makes big crumbles.
- Sprinkle 1/2 inch- 1 inch crumbles of granola evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.The Graham Crumble will likely melt into one giant oatmeal-like cookie. Stir it with a wooden spoon to break up the “cookie” and form clumps again.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes until the Graham Crumble is golden brown. Remove from the oven, stir into clumps again, and allow to cool.
- Freeze leftovers. It can be frozen for up to a month.