Christmas time is here. . . and what is more Christmasy than Ginger Crinkle Cookies? These yummy cookies have crisp edges, a chewy center, and the perfect blend of warm spices.
Ginger Crinkle Cookies
• 1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
• 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
• 10 Tbsp (140 grams) grass-fed butter, softened (or, Miyoko’s vegan butter)
• 1 egg yolk
• 1/4 cup (82 grams) blackstrap molasses
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) almond flour
• 5 Tbsp (40 grams) tapioca flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp ground cloves
• turbinado sugar (for rolling the cookies in)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Add your dry ingredients to a medium bowl. Using a spoon, or, spatula mix them together.
3. In a large bowl, add the softened butter and sugars. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. With the mixer on low, add the egg yolk, molasses, and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Scoop 2 Tbsp and roll into a ball. Roll in turbinado sugar. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
7. Place the balls of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Space them at least 3 inches apart to allow for spreading.
8. Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the middle is just slightly set.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven then, bang the cookie sheet on the stove a couple times (this helps them deflate and get crackly tops).
10. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
11. Move to a cooling rack, or, countertop and cool.
*To make these cookies completely dairy-free, use vegan butter. Miyoko’s Vegan Butter is my favorite dairy-free butter.