Does this ever happen to you? It is dinner time. You are tired. EVERYONE is hungry and the hangry is rising.
When the hangry strikes and I’m not quite excited to start cooking, I pour everyone some kombucha or Tepache De Piña and make a quick batch of “Happy Hour Guacamole.”
As we gather around, snack, and chat the room fills with laughter and everyone’s mood turns happy.
So next time you feel like the hangries are taking over, try whipping up some Happy Hour Guacamole.
This recipe is just a starting point. It is my basic version of guacamole. I love having a solid base because you can really build on it and take it anywhere. Want to add some chopped onion and fresh tomato? Go for it! Throw in some jalapeños and cilantro to spice things up. Toss in some golden berries for a sweet and tart contrast. The possibilities are endless.
Happy Hour Guacamole
- 4 avocados
- 4 cloves of garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- sea salt to taste
Directions for the guacamole:
- Slice open the avocados, remove the pit, and place the avocado flesh in a medium bowl.
- Smash the avocados with a large fork until the avocados are chunky.
- Mince the garlic cloves and add to the avocados.
- Add the lime juice and salt. Smash and mix everything together until the guacamole is the consistency you like.
- Taste and add more salt as you like.
- Serve with Siete Grain-Free Tortilla Chips, cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, watermelon radish slices or, Epic Pork Rinds for your Keto friends.
You can scale this recipe up or down using the following ratio for each avocado:
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- Sea salt to taste