Sometimes you just want a warm, comforting breakfast that doesn’t take a long time to make. Enter Maple-Tahini N’oatmeal. It is warm and comforting and so good for you. The hemp seeds give you 30 grams of protein and the chia seeds give you all the omega 3’s and omega 6’s. And, as if it wasn’t easy enough to whip up, you can put everything in a jar and make it into overnight n’oats.
• 1/2 cup coconut milk (or, use your favorite nut milk)
• 1 Tbsp tahini
• Pinch of sea salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 cup coconut flakes, roughly chopped (I just crumble them in my hands a bit)
• 4 tsp chia seeds
• 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
Garnish with banana, chopped pecans, maple syrup, and cinnamon
1. Put the coconut milk, tahini, sea salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup in a 2-quart saucepan. Whisk to combine.
2. Heat over medium-low heat until the milk begins to simmer. Whisk in the chia seeds, coconut flakes, and hemp seeds. Stir until well combined.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the n’oatmeal has thickened and warmed all the way through.
4. Top with bananas (or, your favorite fruit), chopped pecans, a little maple syrup, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Serve warm.
Directions for overnight n’oats:
1. Put all the ingredients in a mason jar. Stir until everything is combined.
2. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or, overnight.
3. Heat before eating.