The days are getting longer and the warmth of the sun is luring me outside. These are my favorite days; the ones spent outside splashing in creeks, riding bikes, exploring new places, and cooling off with popsicles.
Pineapple & Cilantro Popsicles
- 4 cups (600 grams) fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) filtered water
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) organic cane sugar
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt
- Make a simple syrup. In a small pot, combine the water, sugar, and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the simple syrup to a low simmer. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Peel, core, and chop the pineapple.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the cilantro, to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cilantro and blend until the cilantro is finely chopped and dispersed throughout.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into popsicle molds. Add popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.