There is something about these cookies that just melt in your mouth. And when you get a bit of the tart, raspberry jam it’s heaven!
- 6 Tbsp Miyokos vegan butter and 2 Tbsp Miyokos plain vegan cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 140 grams (1 1/4 cup) almond flour
- 38 grams (1/4 cup) Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 46 grams (1/4 cup, plus 1 Tbsp) tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Raspberry Jam for the centers (recipe follows)
Directions for the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or, a hand held mixer), beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix until just combined.
- Add your dry ingredients and fold them in with a silicone spatula until combined.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place the cookie dough ball on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon, make a little dent in the center of the cookie. Fill the dent with raspberry jam.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough. Leave at least 3 inches between each cookie because they will spread.
- Bake at 350F for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a small dusting of powdered sugar before serving.
Makes about 35 cookies.
- 12 oz. frozen raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
Directions for the Raspberry Jam:
- In a 4 quart saucepan, stir the raspberries and sugar together over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil the jam until it reaches 215-220F. (Stir occasionally to prevent the jam from scorching.)
- Skin off the foam. Pour through a fine mesh strainer if you want to remove the seeds (I usually don’t).
- Pour into a mason jar and let cool. Store in the fridge.