What are you doing NYE?
I’ll be sipping on these Raspberry Rose Floats. They can be made as cocktails or mocktails. Cheers to a New Year!
- Poached Pear and Berry sorbet (recipe below)
- Kea Raspberry Rose Kombucha, or, your favorite raspberry kombucha
1. Place 2 scoops of the sorbet in a coupe glass.
2. Top with equal parts kombucha and champagne. Or, just add kombucha to make it a mocktail.
3. Ring in the New Year!!
Poached Pear and Berry Sorbet
- 1 lb. ripe, Bosc pears (about 3 large pears) peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 oz. frozen raspberries
- 10 oz. frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Kea Raspberry Rose Kombucha (or, your favorite raspberry kombucha)
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients in a 4-quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often.
- Bring the fruit to a low boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow the fruit to cool, then blend in a high powered blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the sorbet mixture into a bowl and chill it until cold (about 4 hours, up to overnight).
- With the machine running, pour the sorbet mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until it is the consistency of a very thick smoothie.
- Put the sorbet into a freezer safe container. Place a piece of parchment paper directly onto the sorbet to prevent ice crystals from forming. Freeze 4 hours, or, longer to set the sorbet.
- Allow the sorbet to soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping. Scoop and enjoy!