A bit savory, and a bit sweet; this Rosemary-Pecan Granola is a delicious addition to a yogurt bowl, or, on top of cinnamon whipped sweet potatoes.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (room temp)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (sometime called coconut manna)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, cut into 4 pieces
Directions for the granola:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the sliced almonds and pecans. Add them to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the nuts. Combine with your fingers until the mixture makes big crumbles.
- Sprinkle 1/2 inch- 1 inch crumbles evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.The granola will likely melt into one giant oatmeal-like cookie. Stir the granolal with a wooden spoon to break up the “cookie” and form clumps again.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir into clumps again, and allow to cool. Remove the rosemary sprigs. Eat and enjoy!
- Freeze any leftovers. It can be frozen for up to a month.
Yogurt Bowls with Warm Cinnamon-Peaches and Rosemary-Pecan Granola
- 1 cup of sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
Directions for the cinnamon-peaches:
- Put all the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and stir to coat the peaches.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes (until the peaches are warm and the juices are thick).
To assemble the yogurt bowl:
- Scoop your favorite yogurt into a bowl (this homemade coconut milk yogurt is my favorite).
- Scoop warm peaches on top of the yogurt. Drizzle some of the peach juices over the yogurt as well.
- Sprinkle with granola. Enjoy!