Like a smoky, salty, liquid truffle.
Smoked Sea Salt Hot Cocoa
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp smoked sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, coconut cream, and sea salt to a 2-3 quart saucepan. Bring to a low boil and cook for 3-4 minutes,stirring constantly.
- Add in the almond milk, or, milk of choice and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and chopped chocolate. Whisk to combine.
- Pour into mugs, top with marshmallow fluff, and garnish with chopped chocolate and smoked sea salt.