Remember when you were a kid and ate Sour Patch kids? You would get that punch of sour that would make your lips pucker. Then you would get that happy burst of sweet. This sour berry mocktail is a bit like sour patch kids. It has a that punch of sour followed by a sweet ending, but without any of the unhealthy sweeteners and food colorings. If you want to add some extra sweetness, rim the glass with some lemon juice and coarse sugar.
Sour Berry Mocktail
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh Thai basil or rosemary
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 5 oz. Trader Joe’s sparkling coconut water with yuzu
- 7 oz. Hibiscus Kombucha (I used Kea Hibiscus Lemongrass kombucha. It’s my favorite!)
- Add the blueberries, raspberries, Thai basil or rosemary, and lemon juice to a 16 oz. mason jar.
- Muddle the fruit and herbs.
- Add the sparkling coconut water and kombucha. Give it a stir.
- Strain the mocktail into a glass and serve over ice.