I love weekend mornings at the farmers market. With all the fresh greens, peaches, blueberries, and edible flowers I got at the farmers market last week, there was no doubt in my mind that it was time for a fresh summer salad. This salad is peppery, savory, and has just the right amount of sweet.
- Peppery tasting greens (like wasabi greens, or, arugula)
- Sunflower sprouts
- Fresh peach slices
- Fresh blueberries
- Bacon, cooked
- Layer the greens, sunflower sprouts, peach slices, blueberries, nasturtiums, walnuts, and bacon in a bowl.
- Top with dairy-free “buttermilk” dressing.
Dairy-Free “Buttermilk” dressing:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk yogurt (recipe one post back)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cracked pink pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- Put all of the ingredients except for the avocado oil in a blender. Blend until well mixed.
- Remove the center cap from the lid of the blender. With the blender on low- medium, drizzle in the avocado oil. (This helps to emulsify the oil.)
- Put the cap back in the blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour on your salad and enjoy. (Store in the refrigerator. The dressing will thicken up quite a bit after being refrigerated.)