The other day I was just too tired to make dinner. Anyone relate? But, my family was hungry and I knew I had to make something. I thought about what I had in the pantry and the fridge and realized I had everything to make sweet potato toast. I quickly threw together a meal of sweet potato toast and roasted brussel sprouts. I thought it looked pretty good so, I took a quick pic and put it on my Instagram stories. I don’t think I have ever gotten that many DM’s for a picture, not even for the birth of my children.
I guess you guys like sweet potato toast. So, as promised, here is the recipe for Sweet Potato Toast. It is simple and delicious and great for any meal, anytime of the day.
Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 large sweet potato
- avocado (1/4 an avocado for each piece of “toast”)
- eggs (1-2 per person)
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- smoked salmon
- chives, thinly sliced (if you want to make it look fancy)
- avocado oil
- sea salt
- pink, or, black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub the sweet potato and cut off the ends. Cutting lengthwise, cut the sweet potato into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with avocado oil. Use your fingers to evenly spread the oil all over each slice of potato. (If you have too much oil, just wipe some off with a paper towel.) Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potato slices for 30 minutes. Flip each sweet potato slice to the other side, then broil on high for 2-5 minutes (depending on your oven and how fast it broils).
- When the sweet potatoes have about 5-10 minutes left of cooking time, fry your eggs.
To assemble the Sweet Potato Toast:
- Place 1-2 slices of the sweet potato “toast” on a plate.
- Slice an avocado into 1/8-1/4 inch-thick slices and put about 4 slices on each piece of “toast”.
- Top each piece of “toast” with a fried egg. Sprinkle with Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Place a piece of smoked salmon on top of each piece of “toast” and sprinkle with chives if desired.
- Eat and enjoy!