I’m reaching for all the vitamins to give my immune system a boost.
One little problem.
Those packets of Emergen-C at the store are full of sugar. And sugar can really bring down the immune system.
But, I have good news. You can make your own Vitamin C Water. It is full of powerhouse vitamins to fight viruses and get you feeling better. And it doesn’t have any of the bad stuff.
Sweeten your Vitamin C Water with Pyure Liquid Stevia, or raw honey. Stevia does not contain any sugar. Raw honey is antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal— meaning it kills bugs instead of feeding them. (Raw honey should not be given to children under 1 year, though.)
Vitamin C Water
- 1/4 tsp (1,000 mg) powdered Vitamin C/Absorbic Acid
- 1 tsp (4,500 mg) Glutamine
- Juice from 1 Orange, or any other citrus you like (about 2 oz.)
- Pyure liquid stevia or, raw honey to taste (I use 1-2 squirts of the liquid stevia)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 6-8 oz. Sparkling Water
- In an 8-12 ounce glass combine the vitamin C powder, glutamine, citrus juice, sweetener, and sea salt. Stir until the vitamin C and glutamine are dissolved.
- Top off with sparkling water. Taste and add more sweetner if desired.
Which citrus should you use to make your Vitamin C Water? Check out my Guide to Citrus to help you decide.