Summertime here in the A means lots of sunshine, festivals practically every weekend, lots of time in parks, long bike rides on the Beltline, and sweltering temperatures.
I love Summertime. It so carefree and fun. But, it’s really hot here in the Summer. Drinking water alone just doesn’t always help us stay hydrated. So, here is a deliciously refreshing Watermelon Agua Fresca to help you beat the heat and stay hydrated. There isn’t any refined sugar so, it’s also very healthy for you! The watermelon and cucumbers mean it is packed full of vitamins and antioxidants. You can pour it over ice, mix it with sparkling water, or blend it with some ice for a slushy. Cheers to Summertime!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 4 cups fresh watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 Persian cucumber (or a 4 inch chunk of a cucumber)
- Juice from 4 limes
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Leaf stevia powder
- course Himalayan pink sea salt (to rim the glass)*
- Place the watermelon, cucumber, lime juice, and stevia powder in a high powered blend. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the watermelon juice through a nut milk bag, or, fine mesh strainer and squeeze out all the juice. (You can discard the pulp.)
- Sprinkle course Himalayan pink sea salt all over a small plate. Rim a 8-oz. glass with lime juice from one of the squeezed limes. Dip the rim of the glass in sea salt.
- Fill your glass with crushed ice and pour the Watermelon Agua Fresca over the ice. Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 3-4, 8-oz. glasses of Watermelon Agua Fresca.
*If you prefer not to rim your glass with sea salt, simply blend 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt into the Agua Fresca. (The salt is an important part of hydration. It also makes the watermelon flavor more pronounced.)