Tart, sweet, and refreshing— this is the perfect Zero Proof Margarita!
Zero Proof Strawberry & Pineapple Margarita
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsps) Strawberry Shrub (recipe follows)
- 3-4 oz. GT’s Golden Pineapple Kombucha
- Lemon and flaky salt, to rim the glass
- A fresh strawberry for garnish, sliced in half
- Rim a rocks glass with lemon and salt.
- Pour 1 oz. of the Strawberry Shrub and 3-4 oz. of GT’s Golden Pineapple Kombucha into the glass. Taste and add more of the Strawberry Shrub if desired.
- Add ice and garnish with sliced strawberries.
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) fresh, organic strawberries
- 1 3/4 cups (300 grams) raw sugar
- 2-6 Tbsp Strawberry Vinegar
- Rinse and dry the strawberries.
- Finely chop the strawberries.
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a quart mason jar. Put a lid on the mason jar and shake it to dissolve the sugar. (You might not dissolve all the sugar right away. You can shake it until the juices begin to mix with the sugar, leave it for an hour, then shake it again. Give it a shake every time you walk by the jar until all the sugar is dissolved.)
- Leave the jar of strawberries at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Strain the strawberry liquid into a clean jar and add the vinegar. Bottle and refrigerate.
The finer you chop the strawberries, the more juice you are likely to extract from them. Yields about 16 ounces.
You can discard the strawberry pulp, or, use it as topping on yogurt.
Kombucha can contain trace amounts of alcohol, but the amounts are so little that I still consider this a Zero Proof Cocktail.